2nd Gen GP Track and/or AutoX Apps

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by FAST060, Aug 10, 2013.

1. FAST060

FAST060 New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    IT Consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton by day. Soul
    NoVA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm taking SMOKIE back to Summit Point Motorsports Park in September! Yay! That first experience was "orgasmic"!

We had a blast on the Summit Point Circuit in April and this time we are looking forward to the Shenandoah Circuit! Can we say Nurburgring Karussell turn? Heck yeah!

I have my Go Pro ready this time. I attempted to connect the mount via the rear luggage/faux strut tower bar. After the first lap, the stiffness of the ride had jolted the GoPro into a useless position. So my question...

Does anyone know of or suggest any software, apps or combination that would prove useful on circuit? Mapping the track would be nice since I'll have GoPro footage. I've seen some footage of virtual gauges but just not sure where to start.

Any advice to a Newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
    Quitta and SMOKIE

http://www.summitpointfatt.com/

Attached Files:

2. Johnna

Johnna New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Architect
    Longmont, CO
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    #2 Johnna, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    For the money, Harry's laptimer is hard to beat.

4. GeorgeCo

GeorgeCo Site Sponsor
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Motorer
    Mt. Airy, MD
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    #4 GeorgeCo, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Shenandoah is a great MINI track. You'll love it. Here are some videos for reference.
    HLT is a great tool. Get an Optrix case and mount or use it to drive a GoPro for video. You can even use a stand alone camera like the Replay XD and integrate the video later.
    Grab a PLX devices data interface and you can integrate OBDII data into your videos as well.
    Always glad to see fellow DCMMers at the track! Who are you running with?