Tree 1 : MINI 0

Discussion in 'Weird MINI News' started by Nathan, Dec 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

A CAR owner has spoken of her shock at discovering a large tree had fallen on her vehicle during the storm.

Jade Sargeant, 21, was at a friend's house in Babbacombe Road on Monday when the tree came down on her Mini Cooper.

"I was helping a friend move some things around her house when two of the guys who were helping us said a tree had come down on a black car outside.

"I said that my car was black, not really thinking it was mine, and they said 'you might want to go outside to take a look'.

"When I got outside the car couldn't really be seen because of the tree on top of it."

Jade bought the car two years ago for £6,500. There was extensive damage to the back of the vehicle with the boot and sides crushed.

[​IMG]

She thinks it will not be repairable.

"The police told us not to go near it and highways brought a tree surgeon to cut it up.

"I was quite upset and shocked. I'd parked up about half and hour before and of course you don't even think about a tree coming down."

Jade says the incident has disrupted her travel arrangements for the festive period but she still plans to be able to get to her mother's house in Plymouth on Christmas Day and attend a wedding in Reading on December 27.

"I'll probably have to get a coach instead," she said.

2. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that sucks. I might have to start waging a genocidal war on trees after something like that.

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Yeah that completely sucks and its a first Gen. :mad2:

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Ouch sorry for her loss. Looks like a coupe now & still looks better than an F56.

5. maacodale

maacodale Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Maaco Collision Repair & Auto Painting Center owne
    Poquoson, VA
    Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I've only been in the collision industry for about 33 years, but I'm tending to agree with her. Now might be a good time to do some MINI shopping. That's one hurt little MINI.