Trinkler Roars Into Birmingham For Barber 200

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Trinkler and RSR Motorsports Are Third In Team Championship Points This Season

Owen Trinkler heads into familiar territory this weekend as he and his #198 RSR Motorsports squad embarks on the third round of the 2011 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series at Barber Motorsports Park for the Barber 200. Trinkler shares his #198 Mini Cooper S with the up-and-coming Sarah Cattaneo, and the tandem is currently enjoying a solid start to the season as they sit in third place in the Team Championship standings, a mere one point out of second place, following their impressive third place podium finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway on March 5th.

The RSR Motorsports team feels like it has unfinished business at this circuit despite a good history at Barber Motorsports Park, and all the hard work in the offseason to continue pushing the development of their fleet of Mini Cooper S's has Trinkler excited to be going back to him home track. The Barber 200 is held at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Alabama on April 7-9.

"Sarah and I both very much enjoy Barber, I do a lot of my coaching there, and Sarah has always qualified and run strong there,†said Owen Trinkler. "We finished 4th there in '09, and finished at the top of the leaderboard in two of the sessions last year, so I know we will be strong after all the work we've put towards the cars this season. Randy and the RSR team has done a great job for Sarah and I, so we're looking to repay all their efforts this weekend with a great result." The team would also like to welcome Pilot and Flying J on board to support their efforts.

This season RSR Motorsport is supported by Pilot, Flying J, Cruise America, Thor Motorcoach, and Mini USA as they campaign three Mini Cooper S race cars out of their Orlando, Florida race shop to take on a very strong challenge in the Street Tuner Class of the Continental Tire Challenge in 2011. The team and sponsors are looking forward to a strong 2011 racing season.