TSA Searches and Scans

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Way Motor Works, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Just was watching the NBC news where they reported that the gov't officials that make these rules are exempt frm security screenings. Maybe if the were subjected to the same annoyances as the people the soposidly represent we would not be subjected to some of this foolishness.

And riddle me this...why can I hop on a train without the same security? Or if I was in NY a subway. Imagine the terror that be wrought if a bomb was set off as a train went through the heart of a big city.

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I object. I like my junk to be seen and appreciated......

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Bomb in the subway would not be all that effective. I believe they are planning some type of nasty virus to use there.

Jim

4. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Well, at least seen, even if not appreciated. :cornut:

Jim

5. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Agree it's long over due that our government officials and politicians live by the same rules and conditions that we do.

6. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I think a bomb in any subway would be very effective. It's not the damage that is caused, it's the perceived damage that freaks everyone out, hence the pat downs, scans, and higher alert levels.

Mark

7. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    A great alternative to body scanners at airports

The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners at the airports.
    It's a booth you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you. They see this as a win-win for everyone, with none of the whining about racial profiling. It also would eliminate the costs of long and expensive trials. Justice would be swift. Case closed!
    You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system: "Attention standby passengers — we now have a seat available on flight number ____. Shalom

Mark

8. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::Thumbsup:

Jim

9. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Perfect, I like it!!!!

10. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That won't work in America at all.

The first person to be blown up's family will file a huge lawsuit against the airport and probably win.:mad2::incazzato::mad5:

11. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Yep. It will be something about cruel and unusual despite the fact that they were trying to inflict the same.

12. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah.....
    And the Israeli legal system just received a similar but slightly modified box. The whole family, including the lawyer can fit in the box. You get the same muffled pop..... Next case please.

13. JC55MINI

JC55MINI New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Hartford, CT
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Could not have said it better.

14. JC55MINI

JC55MINI New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Hartford, CT
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I liken this government intrusion to the way we slowly give up our rights over time. If 100 years ago, the government would have said we are going to tax you more than half your pay (income tax, sales tax, property tax, tolls, park fees, filing fees etc..) there would have been a revolution. But over time they slowly bled the public.

This is the same thing. Let's violate civil liberties slowly so it hurts less. For all of you that are in favor of this for some so called safety, where is your line? If this is ok, what is not? And if you agree to give up this liberty, how can you balk at future liberties?

I believe we give up NO rights for safety or any other reason, or we are doomed to a future police state.

Best line I heard, that I unfortunately cannot credit the source:

How do I tell my child that no one is allowed to touch them there, unless it's the government, then it's ok?

15. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    +1 for that Way!

16. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    This is pretty funny. An old Army buddy/roommate of mine is now a TSA agent. I just read through his FB posts where him and his "co-conspirators" are bitching about opt-outs slowing things up.

Flip side of the coin. :D

17. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I had a TSA search recently.

I kind of liked it.

After the first search I smoked a cigarette (which is odd, since I don't smoke), I asked her to do it again, even offered to put a dollar bill in her belt, and gave her some advice on how to make the search even better, but for some reason she took offense.

If you could chose who does the search, I think it would be much more popular....

18. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    So in reality.....
    If you "op-out", you are really just participating in the government sponsored "Group Grope" program.

19. Zeyk_Shade

Zeyk_Shade Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    LOL, Nathan Fillion retweeted this from Joel McHale: "If you’re receiving a security pat-down at the Boise Airport’s C Concourse, ask for Jerry. He has really soft hands." Found it amusing(in a "Police State and You" kind of way).

20. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I can't wait to see what happens when a covey on Nuns show up at the airport on their way back to their convent.