Tune Canceled - Thread of innuendo and speculation. Jump in the crap all stinks

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by rkw, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    You are first along with many assuming someone called controlling authorities about reserved date for labor thus getting it canceled? :lol:

Maybe the parties involved should post what really happened or someone place a call to the shop where it was going to take place might shed some light on what really happened.:lol:

As for operating a business (under the table) without the proper licensing...it is your choice to do or to continue to do business with that person.

The vendors that Nathan mention are all legitimate businesses and appropriate our patronage.

BTW I was looking forward to the show. I was going to attend just to be an audience. :ihih:

2. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    None of that has to do with my question..

Do you think it was a good thing that someone caused a RMW tune session to be canceled?

3. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    What if it was he and the shop that did not come to a total agreement at the last minute? Then would it be fair for me to answer the question? :lol:

Maybe we should all get the facts first... wouldn't you agree?

The CARB at this time does not have any restriction with ECU flashing. Because there is not a way to regulate how it is done so a CARB number is not at this time required. A ECU re flash does not always change effected emission control devices placing a engine at risk of failing an emissions test? I believe that only a BMW/MINI dealership can actually see if a ECU adjustment was performed. I have a DMH re flash and The few times my MINI went to the dealership which included an emissions recall it was NEVER questioned. And they did go into the ECU to upload information.
    Now I am not aware of companies that offer a complete ECU replacement which would fall under the category of replacement of an emission control under the CARB regulations.

And as always this is information that a call to the CARB can explain in better and more complete detail.

4. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    No I do not agree. Do you think it was a good thing that someone caused a RMW tune session to be canceled?

5. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    ANY MINI event that gets canceled is sad! Right wrong or indifferent. Gatherings of MINI is always fun! :Thumbsup:

6. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Quote:
    The vendors that Nathan mention are all legitimate businesses and appropriate our patronage.

-
    But not ones put on by those that do not appropriate our patronage?

7. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    You need to really read the posts!:lol:

Cheers and
    God Bless

Legitimate MA vendors as posted by NAthan::Thumbsup:
    M7 Tuning
    Motoring Alliance LLC
    FES Auto
    Stance Design
    Cooper Flags
    Texas Speedwerks

8. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    So I thought pissing matchs are not a part of MA? Just stop everybody. One thing I do not like though, the name of this thread, how did another vendors name even get involved in this BS discussion? Might as well go back to NAM. If anybody actually looked at some of the posted sites there is some interesting and good info there.

9. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    This is where I warn everyone that I am watching this thread and will lock it and remove it shall I see the need.

Allowed: discussion of behavior inconsistent with "community feeling"
    Not allowed: bashing of anyone, sponsor or not. Information not relevant to this discussion. (example: taxable labor)

10. Nitrominis

Nitrominis Banned

May 9, 2009
    Doing nothing
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

But Jerry the title of the thread itself allows for some rather drifting tracks...:lol:

Things getting ugly between tuners?

11. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Do you want to get literal about it? I saw the thread title as an invitation to have a discussion about the discord and the reasons for it between entities providing services and products to us as a community.

Am I wrong?

12. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    I don't see it that way. I saw the title as an attempt to cause trouble and divide the community. There was never anything, "between" vendors concerning what happened or on this forum until now. I think this thread is a dead end. But you are the moderator.

13. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    I started this thread and that was my title. Honestly, I had regrets about the title soon after posting and should have given it more thought.

14. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    And as such, we can now consider the topic closed.

15. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Thread title changed to reflect the reality of what it has become.

Thread moved to "Messy Stuff" area since it's no longer about MINIs.

Ya'll are pissing me off, and after a scorned woman hell hath no fury like a pissed fat man.