2nd Gen E Most liked posts in thread: UC Davis Study Highlights Results of all Electric MINI E Field Trial

1. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Staff Microbiologist/hematologist at UC Davis
    Sacramento, CA
    Ratings:
    +804 / 0 / -0
    #4 Stefanie, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    I find it interesting that this study was conducted at UC Davis. The majority of the population in this town is comprised of tree huggers. I feel I can say this because I went to school at UCD and now work here... ;)

Having said that, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just believe it skews the findings somewhat.

Personally, the range of 100 miles is too limited for me to consider it. Also, this statement bothered me:

As if having a limited amount of fuel in your tank wouldn't be motivation to "master individual energy use through efficient driving behavior"? Assuming someone cares about energy efficiency, does it really matter where said energy comes from (at least in the context of driving a vehicle)?

Anyhoo...back to my coffee...

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    An appliance not a car..... :prrr:

3. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Stefanie, thankyou for sharing your insiders perspective. It didn't surprise me that this study was conducted within arms reach of Gov. Moonbeam.

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Well said Stefanie! I have nothing to add, Back to my coffee also:biggrin5:

5. Zeyk_Shade

Zeyk_Shade Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'd drive one. I only have to drive about 20-25miles a day. Would work out quite nicely for me. We already signed up to get a portion of our electricity from Wind Power as well. Would be nice to know that your electricity bill would go up but with the price of premium gasoline as high as it is, Electric is starting to make sense.

6. Eric_Link

Eric_Link New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Drove one... Very nice. All that instant torque. Would have bought one of if available in TX. And don't care about emissions so much but with tax credit also a great deal.