1. Guest - Welcome to the new Motoring Alliance Site! Steve, MCS02 and I were up until the early hours this morning working to get it done... as you can see it took us a bit longer than expected to get Phase 1 up and running. We are not 100% there.. its a journey. For site updates, "How Do I" and feedback please use the Announcements, How Do I, Feedback Forum (Links below). Like building a car.... its never done... and thanks for your patience

Site Announcements "How Do I" Feedback
  1. Amanda TX

Amanda TX New Member

Aug 2, 2017
    hi! I have a 2002 S manual 6speed that I bought three months ago. I've never been in love with a car before, ha. I was taking a back road pretty quick with a hefty passenger. Something in the under carriage scraped the road briefly. This just happened, so I don't have any other issues to describe. Hopefully it stays that way. I almost wanna take it to my mechanic so they can have a look see underneath. Should i be concerned? Your feedback? thanks!

2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Welcome to M/A! :thumbsup:

It won't hurt to take the car in to a mechanic who knows his way around MINIs for a look-see. The age of your car suggests it could be a number of things like struts or springs, so it's better to be safe in the knowledge that someone qualified has given your new ride a visual going over before ending up in a ditch some night, not knowing what may have gone wrong.

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

3. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    ^^^^ Great advice !! When in doubt have someone knowledgable check it out.....and Welcome to Motoring Alliance !!

4. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Maybe the passenger should hit Jenny Craig?

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Premium Supporter

Jul 31, 2009
    wmwny has some good advice. What size are your tires? Depending on the size they will rub a little when hard corning.

6. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Premium Supporter

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    I scrape bottom all the time... had a skid plate under the engine on my first MINI. Unless something changes in the way it drives, I just keep movin. :D

7. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Get rid of heavy passenger.....:lol:

8. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy Well-Known Member
    Premium Supporter

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Welcome to the modness...great site and great people.