Most liked posts in thread: United Sports Car Championship (USCC)

1. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Group C, this is the formula they should use to combine the DP and P1&2 cars!:cool:

Bernie killed it, USCC can bring it back!!

Attached Files:

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Great to hear.....now, if they would only get their head out of their a** and put Mid-Ohio and Lime Rock back on the schedule.

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Fox Sports sux!!!!

OK I feel better now.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    IMSA reversed the decision.

5. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............sequential and down force...............makes the heart pitter patter................

6. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    IMO, if it looks more like Grand-Am from a competitive perspective, that's a good thing:Thumbsup:

7. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    The DP cars can rub paint all day long and still stay on track. The P2's are a bit more fragile and Rojas can take them all out in the first lap....performance differences won't matter then!

8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    So is IMSA going to assign mandatory lap times which must be met? This sounds like a load of carp to me.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see this happen.

Team LNT Set To Commit Ginetta G55 GT3 To TUSCC Programme (dailysportscar.com)
    [​IMG]

10. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe if they would cover the whole darn races it would be.... Sure miss the old Speedvision.

11. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Yes I too miss Speedvision. Never knew how good we had it until it was taken away. :frown2:

12. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    A letter from Memo Gidley via AIM motorsports:

A Thank-You Letter from Memo

Hello everybody and thanks so much for your support! I wish I could respond and say thank you individually to everyone who has written and posted well wishes on various websites and forums... but recovery and healing have been absolutely non-stop for me.

I have gone through a lot of difficult and painful things in my life and on the journey to the top of racing. But these last two months, since my Daytona crash, have easily taken the cake as the hardest and most painful. However, as difficult as this has been, I feel so unbelievably lucky because I am confident I can heal and get back to the Gidley I was before.

As lucky as I feel, I also know my journey ahead will require so much dedication and commitment.

I was in the hospital bed for nearly 5 weeks and I lost something like 20lbs of bodyweight... mostly muscle. I currently get surprised often how it takes to get this... actually really any muscle back on my thin frame. I broke and fractured something like 12 bones so this makes me working at an injured level that I have never been to in my life. The physical therapy from this point is overwhelming if you try to think of all the work. I have my up and down days... but I know every day I will give it my complete effort and work as hard as I can. As a racer... or person that has never been in a difficult situation like this, I have so much respect now for those who have.

I want to, once again, thank everyone who has helped me...in so many ways. All of the IMSA Tudor Championship safety people who got me out of the unbelievably wrecked DP and got me to the hospital, as well as the entire Tudor Series organization and leader, Jim France.

All of the people that helped me at Daytona Halifax hospital. Nurses, helpers etc., and the surgeons that did such a fantastic job operating on my numerous broken bones...something like twelve fractures, from what I understand.

And all of my friends, various team members, and so many people that came out to see me at the Daytona Halifax hospital during that first week while I was beginning my recovery. Thanks.

My team, Gainsco/Bob Stallings Racing. Bob and his team have been so great to me. What an awesome group of people that have given me so much support. Thank you.

My Mom and girlfriend, who have been by my side daily, and to my young daughter and all of my family. So many thanks and so much love to all of them.

All of my current physical trainers and helpers and medical professionals from various places who have gotten me to this point... and will help me get to the future.

All of the thousands of fans and friends who have shown me their support. From cards, emails, texts, Facebook and Twitter posts, forums, articles, etc. etc. I have faced some really difficult days - please know that all of you got me to the next day. Thanks so much... please know how grateful I am.

Also, the race teams that applied #All4Memo decals on their race cars for the 12 Hours of Sebring...that was awesome.

I'm sure I missed a few folks - forgive me, but know that I'm thankful. I am thankful to everyone who wants me to recover.

And just so all my friends know, last Friday I took my first steps using just a walker. I was able to put all my weight on my two legs and walk around the inside of the physical therapy center! It was awesome to be up using my own power!

I have a lot of work ahead of me, but because of the people behind me, and my determination, I will heal and get strong again.

Thanks, again, to all those Memomaniacs! I love you all and will get back out onto the racetrack as soon as I can and make you proud!

13. Steve

Steve Administrator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    And when he is you'll likely hear a quote from him after the race something like "I don't know what happened there, I always drive clean, so..."

14. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    RMW tuned Porsches go 1-2 ..............should have been 1-2-3 but the leading car ran out of gas on the 2nd to last turn!

15. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Twas a fantastic race that came down to a last lap pass for the win!! I was disappointed at first that the Prototypes would not be in the race but without them this was one of the best races I've seen in a long time!!

Side note: In the Continental Tire race Saturday in ST, the winning Cayman and the second place Cayman were tuned by our very own Jan at RMW! ;)

And no trip to VIR is complete without stopping by and saying hello to the Falken girls!!! :)
    uploadfromtaptalk1409227866052.jpg

16. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    PWC is my favorite series. :Thumbsup:

17. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Maybe with more cars & larger fields they may get a better TV package. It's a very good show for those at the track watching the action. :D

18. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Me either.......not real happy with the percieved direction of Fox Sports. I think this was a slam dunk for Fox as they already had the NASCAR contract.

19. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    #24 Crashton, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    I like them all. I really enjoy the thunder the DP cars produce. :D

Just my .02....

20. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Juan Pablo looks to be on the outs in the Ganassi NASCAR team, he could be the new DH for the DP team.