2nd Gen R60 Countryman USB port question

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by tatacountryman, Dec 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tatacountryman

tatacountryman New Member

Dec 17, 2011
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone with a Countryman tell me if the USB port is a powered port?

Reason I ask is I have a small stereo bluetooth receiver that can be powered through it if the port delivers power. Otherwise I have to use the cig lighter.

Thanks!
    ttc

2. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    All USB ports are powered, but the amount of power is variable and there are different specifications: low power, high power, and charging power. The USB in MINI is low power and your Bluetooth receiver probably is too, but you'll have to try it to check whether it works.

3. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    It will charge an iPhone when you plug it in, so if your system doesn't require much power then it may work! But my feeling is that it will require more power.

4. tatacountryman

tatacountryman New Member

Dec 17, 2011
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ah right, thanks guys ! Well I'll give it a shot when the time comes. This is the device I own, it's a tiny little thing, but maybe it requires more power than an iPhone, who knows.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-60-1699-01-RM-Bluetooth-Stereo-Gateway/dp/tech-data/B001FFRN18/ref=de_a_smtd"]Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway: Cell Phones & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yEiXumJML.@@AMEPARAM@@51yEiXumJML[/ame]

5. kconner5

kconner5 New Member

May 23, 2011
    Works at MINI of Fairfield County
    New Canaan, CT - High Point, NC (College, High Poi
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    It seems the USB port should be able to handle the power... What the real concern of mine at this point is weather or not it will let the power be delivered to a "non compatible" device... I know there are restrictions on those types of things.

Let us know :)

Kyle