Pre Migration Vendors

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by mninole, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mninole

mninole Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Photography Teacher
    Panama City, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you only going to feature vendors who are moderators? the vendor page was one of the few things I really liked about the NAM site.
    Also, one thing I disliked about the NAM site, especially in regard to Parts or Minis for sale was leaving ads up for months and months. I would love to see a 30 day rule put into effect as well as a penalty for not pulling (or posting a sold sign) an ad when a product or car is sold.
    Those are my biotches for the day.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I'm no sure what you are asking here. Do you mean the featured article at the top of the home page? If so it's a random article, well one of the first from the Library. That article will change every two weeks and will not always be a product review.

For Sale pet peeves of mine are not posting a price or location, exp when they say local pick up only. local to where!! Not posting pictures and then not having the respect to even put in a last post of Sold.

The only way to be really effective in policing all these things is to have a moderator that will handle it...up for the job?

3. mninole

mninole Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Photography Teacher
    Panama City, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, NAM had a place where Vendors could post a blurb about themselves, policy's etc and where subscribers could post reviews of the vendor as per service, satisfaction, etc. It's a thought. As to moderating the merchandise for sale portion, let me get back to you a week from now...my students are on the cusp of graduation and I will be rather busy until Next Wednesday evening, but I would give it consideration.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Ahh..I know exactly what you mean. It also had products listed as well. I was not planning an area such as that as the use in my experience over multiple forums is rather sparse. There is a forum, last one in the Sponsor area for comments, reviews and experiences.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/6/80/

There is no reason to limit the comments in that area to only sponsors of this site.