Video Hosting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Minidave, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I used Google in the past, both because it was simple and they didn't limit the size of the upload although they compressed the crap out of it so the quality suffered a bit on playback, but I doubt they were any worse than anyone else.

Today I tried to upload my track vids from yesterday's HPT event and found Google no longer uploads vids....

I could use You Tube, but they limit the vid to 10 min.

I could use Vimeo (their replay quality seems better too) but they only allow 500mb/week for free, and more costs a muntly fee - $6 or so...

Who do you use for free video hosting? Any suggestions?

I hate Flikr and Photobucket, so I won't go there.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    To be blunt not many of us are going to watch a 10 min + track session with our Short Attention Span Theater mentality.

3. Onasled Racing

Onasled Racing New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  4. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    vimeo allows for higher quality but has the mb limit. youtube actually does 15 min videos now

5. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    #5 Minidave, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    Thanks, someone else also told me YouTube was up to 15 min and 2g now, I guess I could use them till I find somone better.

A friend uses Vimeo and I was surprised how much better the quality was on his racing vids, but I'll bet he's using the paid service.

The 500 mb/ week limit on Vimeo is probably plenty for me, as I don't upload that many vids, so I might try them - I'll have to shorten my vid tho, which according to Nathan no one will sit still to watch anyway! :eek:

6. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    just cut out the boring parts and it should be fine. the only reason i dont use vimeo as much is because of the mb usage. most videos i do are about 1.5gb i would need the payed service which isnt in my budget right now but as soon as it is thats what i will use.