Video upload... not yet... but.

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Sully, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Ok - so a few minutes ago I flipped the switch to a distributed network (Phase II) of moving hosting providers. This essentially means the site once populated should load even faster no matter where in the world you are. This is also one of the pieces that sets the stage for being able to upload video to the site. In a nutshell, here is what just happened....

Over the next 48 hours or so the site will be cached across a series of servers globally. When you hit the site, it should pull from the closest possible server, thus decreasing the load time. This actually helps you see what you are looking for faster and decreases the bandwidth. Once this is set and running well, I will have some more backend work to get done... but when done you will be able to upload video directly to MA verse having to find a place to host it and link to it.

Again - more work to do. But its one small step. Please let me know if you see any issues, have delays or anything else.

Thanks,

Josh

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Sounds great! Thanks for the hard work!