1. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    Wow... the Waco run is goin' national! Woo Hoo!

Now if I could only figure out how to fund my modding kitty from organizing it!

2. Trekker

Trekker New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to do the Waco Run, but have to be at DFW airport at 8:30 to pick up my daughter. I live very near the I-20 McDs and will leave about 6:30 AM also. If you see an Electric Blue MCS caravaning along with you, don't be alarmed.

3. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we could meet a little before 6:30 at Mickey D's and get a formal introduction with some of the group.

4. Trekker

Trekker New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We will not be going on the run, but may stop by McDs and introduce ourselves on our way out to DFW.....if y'all don't mind the intrusion.

5. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me Walter! Looking forward to the meet and greet!

6. passingparson

passingparson Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    waco run, meet you at breakfast

hi everyone. would love to meet the etmc club first, but will be going over the nite before to stay with a friend, who will be my co-pilot for the waco trip. will meet you at breakfast that day. my buddy's name is wayne, he has ridden in autocross with me, and is interested in minis, so recruit him!!!!:D

7. MC40

MC40 New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be picking up my brother in law (my co-pilot) at 6am and heading over to McD's so I should get there 6:20 ish.

8. Trekker

Trekker New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was a pleasure meeting some of you this morning at McDs in Lindale. Hope y'all had a great and safe time on the Waco run.

Walter

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    It was a hoot!

No broken bits for me this year either...

10. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great drive for the start of a New Year, Had a blast,missed some turns,regroup,double back. One B pucker moment, playing catch up. T intersection apppeared out of nowhere.Sideways onto highway across lanes. The MINI is incredible, point and go,and she does it. WOO HOO. Daughter made her first trip in the Mini with me. She wants one now,and she has a BWM 330, Scared her at first but she settled into the ride real quick and became quite a navigator for me.

11. MC40

MC40 New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    54 Minis at this event. Good time had by all. My brother in law (Clinton) was a Mini mechanic and racer back in the day in the UK and was a great navigator, called out all the turns, but we were kind of stuck in with the touring group and really didn't push it too much. It was nice meeting Walter at McD's and we found new member Tony on the Interstate! There were 6 Minis there from East Texas...well done!

12. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The spirited group did have a bit of fun. Unlike 2009 we were not stupid, just a little silly at some points. Lost most of the group due to a massive dust cloud we first few kicked up and then lost more at some of those "that can't" be the road turns that look like driveways. Met back up with most of the lost ones and caught touring group before hitting Waco. The locals were honking and waving as a train of 50 some MINI's passed.

13. mini_racer

mini_racer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like great fun and congrats on completing the adventure unscathed this time!:Thumbsup:

I wish I could have been there!

14. mom2jmg

mom2jmg New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your daughter caught the eye of a couple of the younger MINI drivers. :)devil:I'm in touble now)

15. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :lol:Can't take that girl anywhere without that happening! Tell em she's marrried

16. mom2jmg

mom2jmg New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will do. Glad she had a good time though.