Warmoth Guitars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nabeshin, Dec 25, 2009.

1. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anybody have a guitar neck from Warmoth? Heck, does anyone on here play guitar?

I'm looking into getting a custom neck built for my Strat. I need a wider nut width for playing chords easier, maybe even a fatter back contour. The standard nut width is too thin, as is the back contour. Plus I'd also like to get a bit of a warmer tone with a Mahogany neck and Indian Rosewood fingerboard. It seems like Warmoth makes some of the best custom necks and bodies around. They are rather expensive though.

Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Guitar Home Page

Later on I'll need to upgrade the pickups and maybe the body. I'm pretty sure on this cheapest of the Fender Strat that I have, the body is some kind of resin and I know it has sub-par electronics.

A custom neck might sound crazy for a cheap beginner guitar, but I can't progress further without the wider neck. Besides, this neck could be put onto nearly any future guitar body.

Still want a Les Paul though, but that is way too much guitar for my skill level.:prrr:

2. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I built a couple of electric guitars years ago with Warmoth necks. They really are works of art. Heck, I had one of those necks (a boat neck, 22 fret, 25 1/2" scale, rosewood fretboard, birdseye maple otherwise) hanging on the wall in the garage for ten years before I sold it on eBay for $150.00.

You can look at Carvin guitar parts too - cheaper and still good quality. Oh, and don't forget about Stewart-MacDonald.

3. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I looked into those companies, and I'm still leaning towards Warmoth.

4. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    although i don't own anything with a warmoth neck on it , i did the same research to change a thin strat neck.
    Looked to me like warmoth was the way to go, just didn't pull the trigger before i sold the strat, and put the money into an old tele.
    bass has been my main instrument for the last 25 years but i did start on guitar.

5. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to get a bass guitar as well. I was very close to getting one instead of a guitar years ago when I first got this Strat.

6. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    bass playing is awesome,
    you get to hold down the bottom with the drummer.
    and not get swallowed by the mid range blend of guitars, horns, keys and vocals.
    you are adventurous, you own a MINI !!!
    try being a part of the low lifes, ha-ha.
    all the best in your musical ventures
    boxcars

7. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bass playing would probably suit me best, I suppose the allure of an electric guitar was too much for me back then.

8. yellowbritishrocket

yellowbritishrocket Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    i play acoustic i have a alvarez steel string

9. imspencerwithanr53

imspencerwithanr53 New Member

May 27, 2009
    Barista
    Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  10. Boxcars

Boxcars New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    this post has revived old wants....
    a tobacco burst tele body '72 custom with a wide warmoth neck in rosewood........
    tempting
    boxcars