Wash mitt advice

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Rixter, Jun 21, 2009.

Tags:
?

Wash mitts

1. Micro Fiber

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Lambswool/sheepskin

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. Chenille

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Synthetic wool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It is my advice to listen to "Octaneguy" :idea:. He knows what he's talking about. He has asked me questions so I get the right answer for what I need.

Mark

2. kensan

kensan New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :lol: that bulb seems to be a dud. :crazy: OG is definitely not a dud. :D hahaha

3. daveag98

daveag98 New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just adding my pref in here too:

Real sheepskin, something i have been doing is wetting a brand new mitt and going over it with my fingers looking for grass burs. I bought a mitt from a well known detailing supply website (not richards) and the thing was full of grass burrs. After that i ordered from richard or will go to the local pep boys that still has the high quality mitts. The key is looking on the inside and seeing real sheepskin.

I also roate my mitts about every 10 washes or so, depending on how grimy they get. After they are done washing my mini or another car that i am detailing that is new or needs special treatment, they go to the tier 2 washing, older cars that i am doing swirl work on or buffing out light scratches (I also have a second and 3rd set of pads for this too) Finally is the wheel and tire bin when the mitts start to get holes in them, i would them to work on doing the fine work for the wheels, usually the best mitt does not last long in this stage.

4. lilcoopr

lilcoopr New Member

May 5, 2009
    MINI Ambassador and university student
    Toronto, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is what I picked up a couple weeks ago:

[​IMG]

I've only used it twice so far but I really like it.. It holds the soapy water really well (I like to use Mystique for washings) and that is important to me because I like to basically slop the water on the car in a handful with the mitt - I find it cleans the best when it's realllllly wet and soapy :)

Here is the technical data on my synthetic microfibre wash mitt: Simoniz® Super-soft Chenille Mitt | Canadian Tire

PS: I also like that it comes in fun colours... that happen to match my MINI ;)

5. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Fun colours is probably the deciding factor :D

I was suprised how much stuff CrappyTire is carrying here out west. If it wasn't for them I'd have to buy everything online, which would be a lot more expensive and more inconvenient

6. lilcoopr

lilcoopr New Member

May 5, 2009
    MINI Ambassador and university student
    Toronto, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'm also impressed with the selection at CrappyTire! There are a lot more microfibre and less-abrasive products... Shipping my Monster Fluffies from the States was ridiculous... shipping and related charges were more than the price of the product! Glad that I can find something to tide me over until a member of my local club makes a trip to one of the big American MINI events and can buy from the vendors directly (like Xiek just did with my Black Wow!!) ;)