Way Motor Works

Discussion in 'MINI' started by quikmni, Mar 11, 2016.

1. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    #1 quikmni, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    What has happened to Way and Way Motor Works? I see that he is not a sponsor and he never posts on the MA any more. When I call WMW I get voice mail that says leave a message or use email for a quicker response. When I ask questions with email I usually do not get a complete response and if I reply with questions not answered I usually get no response. If I leave a voicemail message I do not get a call back. Has Way just become too busy to deal with questions? If so, I suspect he got busy from Mini forum people that he should still support. I see the he still posts on NAM.
    Today I called and left a voicemail message due to him not responding fully to email questions (spring rate of the TSW springs) and I never got a call back or a response to email but I saw him post to Facebook after I left a message so he could not have been too busy.
    I used to reference his products (with links) in my posts but I guess not any more.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,652 / 2 / -0
    Lots of good MINI vendors here that support this site. Support those who support folks here. Just my .02.

3. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Guess he's gone by the Wayside...

4. TWISTER

TWISTER Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Male
    Web Developer/Designer
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    He's looking for an assistant to help with call and such. He's extremely busy and can't work on cars and answer posts and the phone at the same time. He will be at MOTD.

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Way or Walmart Motor Works is not on M\A because he is a D-bag.

You want answers I have the answers.
    I have the TSW / WMW KW V2 coilovers on my car.

*** I have replaced the Crappy Too soft KW springs with Swift Springs from Colin at Greene Performance.

Here is the Info Waylan will not tell you.

The details I got from Texas Speedwerks:
    Front Springs: 60mm ID, 200mm length (8"), 6kgf/mm (336 lb/in) spring rate
    Rear Springs: 60mm ID, 140mm length(6"), 6kgf/mm (336 lb/in) spring rate

6. Grizld700

Grizld700 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Service Advisor at a Toyota Dealer
    Eastern Iowa
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Always full of info this guy ^. :cornut:

7. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    #7 Qik, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Ok, I spoke to Way in person once a few months ago. It's fairly safe to say that Dave.0 is correct. He does seem rather full of himself and you can't really tell him anything. That brings me to this Barry Brazier guy from MC2 magazine. I thought he was a bit of a tool after we exchanged some words regarding tyrol sport shift kits. I called him on his bull**** and he went into hiding. As some of you know I rigged up a pretty nice home made intake on my R56, I call it the R53 intake for R56's. Someone on the same facebook page I shared mine on shared an R53 homemade intake. Barry chimed in asking for more pictures and info. I told him I did one for an R56 and offered up a how too even a video. I got no response. Look I get if you're not interested, all you have to do is shoot me a "no thanks" and that'll be the end of it. Guy just ignores me. I have 0 respect for someone who has 0 respect for others in the community. The number of Way's and Barry's seems to be growing.

8. TWISTER

TWISTER Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Male
    Web Developer/Designer
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I agree! I use to think highly of Way because of his support and willingness to help others, including myself at times. I went to him first thing this past MOTD and was told an absolute NO and I went elsewhere fast. Way acted like a D1CK! There goes my support for at least 1 vendor forever!

9. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    I've only been into MINIs for about a year. I have found that most of the suppliers that we deal with are 'small business'. With a small business, communication is the key. I just assume that a business that doesn't answer their telephone or reply to emails is too busy to help me. I go to someone else. Service is the key...a small price difference is not. AND I ONLY SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS, unless, as a last resort, I have to go to the dealer. Support the tradesmans that support us. Go to an independant garage that you trust. For example, I am too old to crawl into, on, below or above my MINI. Between Detroit Tuned and Jan @ RMW I have a car that performs better than I could have ever expected. For parts, just check the vendors sites...you can find anything you need, mostly cheaper.

10. Qik

Qik Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    IT
    Atlanta-ish
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0 / -0
    #10 Qik, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    I'm the same way. If you're too busy to get back to me within a couple days I'm not going to buy from you. The vendors on here are great to work with. Eminiparts is usually my go-to. Always willing to help and they're fast with the shipping. WMW I did like until I met the guy. That MC2 guy is very opinionated and talks out of his ass he based his entire convo with me on his opinion of Tyrol Sport. He provided no facts to support his argument. Not that I'm a big magazine subscriber, but he lost a potential customer simply because if a vendor is respectful or helpful I'll throw them a bone.

11. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Before one lumps the Barry's as bad please note there are two Barry's that get mentioned often in the MINI realm.

Barry of MC2 - AKA Barry the Bad

Barry of MOTD - AKA Barry the Good

12. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,652 / 2 / -0
    So BB & GB..... :D

13. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Last time I saw Way of Walmart Motor Works on M/A he was on a Milk carton. :lol:

14. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Way's OK. He has always been full of himself but he knows his MINIs and is successful at it. He was busy at MOTD. Yeah, he can have an attitude, but most of the work he has done for me in the past is still running smoothly. I've used Detroit Tuned and RMW as well as Helix, too. They are ALL professionals.

15. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Barry the Bad [aka BB] has been flooding my email addy with new offers to get his MC2 rag again, by offering "free" past issues as an incentive. I think not. :frown2: