Entertainment Electronics 1st Gen Most liked posts in thread: What to use to clean the navigation screen?

1. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    Normally it will just collect loose dust on the surface. In that case it is safe and effective to blow it off with a can of compressed air (also works great for the tach).

If you had sneezed, coughed or had some accident on it, first blow off loose dirt, then wipe clean with a damp microfiber or soft cotton cloth. Use plain water, or for something more stubborn use a lens cleaner fluid such as for eyeglasses or camera lenses. Don't use anything ammonia based because it can leave a film.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Monitor wipes.

You can get them at Best Buy, Radio Shack or any place that sells TV's or computers.

3. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Mequires Interior Quick detailer is also screen safe and does not leave a film

4. jerseymini

jerseymini New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys !! I knew you would have a solution !!! :) I have no real dirt (sneeze, soda or otherwise) , never drink in my car anyway ! LOL , but it looks a bit dusty. I can live with it, but just detailed my mini for the first time, and I wanted a complete job LOL , believe it or not, a google search of this, someone said to use an eraser !!!! (the person asked how to get rid of scratches) can you believe it !! and someone listened to that person, and ended up with more scratches.... I would never have used an eraser anyway!! btw, the answer to that google search was NOT from this forum... :)