What's happened to 'new' Stig?

Discussion in 'Top Gear' started by Rixter, Mar 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    While I've enjoyed watching season 18, so I can get my fix of TG, and I'm grateful for Nate's prompt uploads; I must say I'm rather disappointed with the diminishing role of the Stig. We get to watch him for all of 1 minute per episode. The belief is that if they pipe in some awful music while he's doing his lap, that it's sufficient for a couple of giggles. It's not.

Stiggy was always an integral part of TG. Ever since Stig v3 came along, its been so bland. :frown2:

Anybody else agree with me?

Ric

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Possibly they have diminished The Stig's role so he doesn't all self aggrandizing and go write a tell all book.

Stig's don't exactly grow on tree's ya know.

3. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Well apparently there's plenty-o-Stigs down at the farm. They made a big deal about finding the best one, now they've relegated him to a 2-bit part on the show.

4. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    While Stig's don't grow on trees I bet there were PLENTY of "hot shoes" lined up for the shot at being the Stig!! and getting to drive all the exotic cars and the not so exotic as well... Plus getting paid to do so!!! If I was good enough of a driver I'd be more then happy with this guys role in the show.. It's not like he has a speaking part or anything...or atleast almost never.. Just drive baby drive!!

5. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Though he's never had a speaking part, I can honestly say the old Stig's were much more annimated and involved in the show. That's my beef. If they just want to time a fast lap, why bother showing anybody in the car?

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Wouldn't be a bit surprised if the three main boys were starting to feel the old Stig was developing too big of a public following.

Hey, we're the stars on this show.....:(

7. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Chuck that could be the crux of the problem. 3 egos already (although Clarkson and the Hamster have the biggest I'm sure), 4 is a crowd