Most liked posts in thread: What's in a Name

1. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    Nathan, every few years I see a rebranding that makes absolutely NO sense at all.

All that I know for sure is that the person/people who made this decision has an MBA, which means he/she/they are business geniuses, and we mere mortals should not question their thinking.

If you went to an Engineering conference, and set up a "Punch an MBA in the Face for Charity" booth, you could probably sell tickets for 500-bucks a punch, and raise enough money to cure cancer.

CD

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    After the merger, will the combined company be called Dowpont?

3. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I had no idea what Axalta was, it sounds like a financial group of some sort. And now this finally makes sense to me, first Gordon's car becoming the Axalta car, and now Axalta going to Junior (for those of us lowbrow enough to follow NASCAR along with other forms of racing).

Attached Files:

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I had no idea what Axalta was either. Noticed it in the Auto(every-other)Week[sup]TM[/sup] news feed about Juniors new Axalta livery. Didn't read it though.

I figured it was some new drug.

5. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    I'll be watching the commercial breaks for the Dewey-Cheetham & Howe law firm offering representation in the big class action law suits that always follow a new product.