Why were you banned from the Sewing Site....

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Nathan, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    I'd be leery of the titanium nut implants. If you've got a fine baritone you could impare it.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    All of us here know the easiest way to check if the top is the uber rare aluminum one is to use a hammer. The aluminum will have a much deeper dent. Bunch of rookies over there me thinks. :rolleyes:

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I must have the steel top. The parkour people only left small dents in the roof.

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Lucky for you & lucky it wasn't a couple of big boys wearing cleats.

5. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Well...a least it was more interesting than another "my car's timing chain rattles", or " I ran out of oil" or even " I changed my SC oil, and now my car won't run right".....or better yet..."how to read a dipstick"....
    My question is...
    Why do folks that know so little about cars (in general) make a post, rather than reading a bit first...
    I always though, that BEFORE you ask a question, one should try to answer it first with research....this internet thing, being just a collection of pipes and tubes, are great for stuff like that!! :nonod:
    Some of the posts make me think of the 911 call I heard the other day from a persons who was "locked" in their car, with the electric door lock failed....the operator, while struggling not to laugh explained how to flip the handle lock and open the door.....oh yeah...we had one of those threads on NAM...
    Poster locked the doors on a 2005+ gen1 with the key fob...does like a BMW, with a DOUBLE LOCK, disables the door handle (added antitheft feature on refresh cars, you cannot smash a window, then open the door)...then could not get out...sad thing is the dealer did not know this...not sure what's worse...the dealer not knowing, or the fact it took a day for me to point out this fact , that was also on the "things you didn't know about you mini" on page one...

6. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    All very good Zip, but if you suggest they use the search engine you get yelled at for being intolerant (which is intolerant) or mean spirited. It all goes to the fact that children have not and will not develop the frontal cognitive skills they need until it's too late.

7. Zephyr1

Zephyr1 New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So, for those of you who got banned more than once, I'm wondering if there's like a first gear, 2nd gear, and 3rd gear of banning?

8. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Dont know, but I plan on finding out... ;)