Winter Weather Prep in Colorado

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by TravelinMini, Nov 3, 2013.

1. TravelinMini

TravelinMini New Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :confused5:Ok so I am a new to owning a mini. I have an 09' Clubby S. I am currently on deployment and haven't even had the opportunity to drive my mini (my wife bought for me about 2 months ago). Rudy (my clubbies name) will have been sitting in the garage for about 4 months with just the occasional trip to the store literary 2 blocks away. I will be returning to Denver mid December time frame and really need some advice on anything I need to do before driving in the winter weather. This car has yet to be washed/detailed by me. I dont trust my wife to do it. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Assume that I don't own any kind of car wash/detailing equipment since I didn't really care for my last car they way I should have. But I can see myself becoming very OCD about my new Clubby.

-Chris

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Chris- Thank you for your service.

When you get home head over to the folks at Prima, they are local to you. They will have everything you need to detail that new clubman.

Prima Car Care Home Page

The one thing I would do is put some winter tires on your MINI.

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    This ^^^ sums it all up.

I would wash and detail the car up and put a coat of Prima EPIC on for the Winter so you will be protected for the cold season.
    You can always go crazy claying and polishing in the Spring when its warmer.

Come back safe and thank you for your service. :Thumbsup:

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0