2nd Gen R55 Clubman WOT Question

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Minidave, Aug 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    My Scan Guage just arived so I have not installed it yet. Does it report the throttle position the same % that the Garmin does?

Jim

2. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you really want to know...

I think FES has the OBD-II standard some where. I can see if I can find it. All these gizmos just use the standard and report what they get. They also assume that the OBD-II data streams are properly conditioned and scaled.

Matt

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
  4. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I was just reading the instruction manual for the scan guage (I know, why was I doing this?) and found something. ]" TPS - In some vehicles, a closed throttle will read 0 and full throttle will read 100. Other vehicles will have a higher value then 0 for closed throttle and an open throttle value of less then 100".[/I

Jim

5. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Like the good Dr. said... the mfg's don't care how cryptic this is for anyone else, as long as their approach meets their needs. Most never envisioned consumers driving around looking at this data...

6. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly, the Garmin reads 15-16% at idle. I can't check right now as the Clubbie is having a little enhancement done today:D.

Mark

7. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    If they had put guages in the car we wouldn't be. :lol:

Jim

8. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup:

Mark

9. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Yes, my Garmin shows 15% or so at idle, and as I said before about 75% at WOT.....I should plug this setup into the bride's Audi and see how it works, just for fun.

I found another interesting screen on my new Garmin, when you tap the speed button down in the right bottom corner, the screen that pops up is an enhanced trip computer screen, that shows things like time driving, time stopped, average speed and mileage, elevation and it also has a speedo, tach, voltage gauge and .......wait for it.................a TEMP gauge! The temp gauge is striclty analog though, it does not have the digital reading that the other screen gauges do. Fascinating!

Since I just remembered it can do it, I'll put up some screen shots from the Garmin later after I've driven it some, so I can show some of these things - it's pretty cool how it can take it's own freeze frames like this.

10. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Yeah we found that screen the other day, way cool. Motoring across Kansas next week I plan on playing with it a lot, as the GPS will have nothing to say for 9-10 hours:lol:

Mark