WTB headlight lens

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by Deviant, May 25, 2009.

1. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    #1 Deviant, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
    I want to joey mod the Xenons in my 2006 MCS but have a deep gouge/scratch on the driver's side headlight lens so I need a replacement lens. I'd really like to avoid having to buy the entire lamp housing just for the lens and am hoping someone out there has a spare for whatever reason.

2. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you should post a pic in case somebody knows of a way to improve or repair the scratch. I think your only chance for a lens without replacing the entire housing is if someone has one from messing up their joey mod!

3. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That's kinda what I'm actually hoping, or someone got an extra one from doing having the same problem on the passenger side. I don't think this can be polished out, it's easily 5 or more millimeters deep so that would be a lot of material to remove to try and make it less apparent.

4. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'd also be willing to buy a complete driver's side headlight assembly. Xenon or not, so long as it has the washer the lenses are the same it seems. I'm really trying to avoid having to buy a $300+ part that I'm then going to take apart to modify when I can just use a lens.

5. AllBlack05S

AllBlack05S New Member

May 18, 2009
    Selling Harley parts worldwide
    Bartlett, Il
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I stop by the dealership today (raining so may not feel like working on the car in the driveway) I'll see if they have any non functioning headlights for ya

6. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I appreciate it.