WTB Leather seats for R53

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by clifforddward, Dec 17, 2013.

1. clifforddward

clifforddward Active Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Cary, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    #1 clifforddward, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Would like to find a set of nice used OEM leather seats for my 2004 R53 Mini...I think 2004-5 will fit....prefer a complete set, but would consider fronts only...also prefer intact airbags to make installation simpler. Regional purchase probably makes the most sense although I'll consider shipping cross country for the right deal.

Cliff Ward
    Cary, North Carolina

2. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Have you checked into just having the seats you have recovered? Could be a lot cheaper.

3. bahawton

bahawton Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I just replaced my heated panther grey leather seats with race buckets. No one ever sat in the passenger seat and there are only 21K miles on the driver's seat. I also have the bottom of the back seat (not the folding upper parts) and might be willing to ship them from Washington to North Carolina. There is one problem with the passenger seat- I removed the seat belt bracket from the frame for prototyping new brackets so you would need to replace it with the hardware on your seat. Email [email protected] if you want to talk price & see pictures.

4. clifforddward

Dec 2, 2013
    Cary, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all who contacted me with help on my search for OEM leather seats to go in my R53 Cooper...I'm now about 3/4th of the way there with a pair of very nice front seats and the bottom to the rear seat in route to me via Greyhound bus today, all in Panther Black.

Hopefully someone here can help me finish out this set....

Now I just need to find a pair of rear seat backs....I need a pair that looks like this to match the rest of my set:

Here is a photo of the leather front seats that match these....I don't need the front seats, just showing them here as reference...it is the pair of rear seat backs I need:

5. clifforddward

Dec 2, 2013
    Cary, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all the help from everyone...I've now received matching rear leather seats and will be installing these in my 2004 R53 as soon as I've got all my engine work complete and the car back on the ground....thanks again, you guys are the greatest!