WTB: R53 Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by tremperj, Mar 7, 2013.

1. tremperj

tremperj New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like the title says. Lowered the car, and the LCA's fixed my toe, but I have more camber than I'd like. Need some upper control arms. Let me know what you've got! Thanks.

2. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    You do not correct the camber on the rear from the top, you need lower adjustable control arms.

I still have these for sale. TSW.

Attached Files:

3. beaner

beaner New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    toe can be adjusted without adjusting control arms. this is the recommended prodedure. upper control arms can will handle camber issues. if you move both, you are also affecting track width. if you want upper and lower control arms to be adjustable, i recommend setting the UCA to stock length, using the factory toe adjustment, and using the lower control arm to set camber. that being said, i have control arms for sale if you want them.

beaner

4. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    If someone starts messing with your toe with the upper control arms....run.

The slight bit of factory camber adjustment in the rear is on the lower control arms.

PM me if your interested in the TSW control arms, they actually can be used upper or lower but put them lower.

Toe is adjusted in another location.

5. tremperj

tremperj New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm by no means a suspension expert. I feel like I know more than the average Joe, but I'm still a novice. Dave, the owner of DDMWorks, knows much more than me. So I could be parroting him incorrectly. If so: my apologies. Now, that said:

We adjusted toe and camber with the LCA, but there's still some more camber to dial out. And his word was to get some adjustable uppers! PMs will be sent. Thanks guys!

6. wzabrouski

wzabrouski Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Executive Director
    Keller, TX
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
  7. jeffster06

jeffster06 Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Dallas, GA
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Last time I got an alignment the guy loosened the whole trailing arms and gave them a good hit then tightened it back up. he was able to get my toe perfect in the rear and -1.4 on the camber for both sides. with just H-sport LCA's. He could have gone more positive but I asked him to keep it no more than -2.