WTF Was Ford Thinking

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Nathan, Feb 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    :lol::lol: If you only knew what I did for a living and who I did it for, you'd not think that. But, I don't much care what you think and therefore don't need to prove it on a forum.

from a retired SEAL (or a real one, not a keyboard jockey) I know...."anybody who claims to be an operator never was one. We don't need to brag.....the way we carry ourselves is notice enough to those who need to know"

2. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    :popcorn: I smell a thread lock coming on... :popcorn:

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    No. Just a warning for everyone to bring it back on topic. Ford, Ferrari and F150. :Thumbsup:

4. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut:Yes Sir, You've got it :law suites,Ford, Ferrari,F150.................:Thumbsup: (thank you very much for protecting me from myself again. The Alzheimers you know:lol:)

Jason
    De Oppresso Libre (Class 3-73)

5. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My bad, my statement was a bit unbalanced. I come from a military family so it's not about having or not having love for my country. Stereo types exist for a reason, that doesn't mean one should be so full of pride they cannot step out of their own skin and see when they are acting a fool. We americans fulfill many of our stereo types like it or not. This Ford thing just makes it worse for those of us who like to travel outside our country. ;) Just like Ferrari or Italians or Brits etc, they have stereo types, and often just make you say, SEE!

So, that's why it makes me upset that Ford decided to do what they were doing. It just perpetuates it. For all the wrong reasons. It doesn't mean I don't understand why they think they are ok to do it. I just wholly disagree.

Again, sorry for the unbalanced comment. It's why I don't post so much anymore. I just prefer conversation in person. Less seems to get lost in translation. That and being in a rather intense program at school. ;)

You know, it's probably true. I would be just as annoyed too. There's a bunch of things I hear Ferrari has been doing lately with press cars. Custom set ups, tuning, specific to a track etc etc. It just makes me so annoyed because I love Italian super cars. Seems I'll have to lean toward some of the others more if Ferrari can't get it together.

6. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the rebuttal :cool: See the thing is, we as Americans CANNOT be ashamed of what we have done for the rest of the world :Thumbsup: I think Ford had every right to do what they did. Ferrari is the most arrogant bunch of car makers out there :mad: And you are correct about how they lie and cheat, here is a article about it.

Ferrari accused of doctoring test cars

Toby Hagon
    February 16, 2011

UK motoring writer accuses Ferrari of modifying cars loaned to the media so they're faster than those sold to enthusiasts.

A respected British motoring writer has unleashed a barrage on Ferrari, implying it doctors road test vehicles loaned to the media and wants to control what is written about its cars.

Writing on popular international automotive website Jalopnik, Chris Harris - a former road tester for UK car magazine Autocar and now freelancing - accuses Ferrari of specially preparing vehicles for the media and ensuring they are faster than those sold to the public.

Such claims are not new among motoring writers; it's common for car makers to send cars down the production line tagged as media vehicles - ensuring bolts are properly tightened and extra attention is paid to quality - while vehicles are regularly checked and re-checked before being handed out for road test, particularly with larger, more influential publications.

Advertisement: Story continues below
    However, Harris suggests Ferrari - one of the most aspirational brands in the world - has modified cars to ensure they perform better than those sold to enthusiasts.

He references a test in which he claims a 360 Modena from a decade ago was "two seconds faster to 100mph [161km/h] than the customer car we also tested".

Then there are the stories of Ferrari turning up to major magazine tests with two cars, "one for straight line work, the other for handling excercises", implying the two cars have been tweaked for the specific disciplines.

It goes on to say:

But while acknowledging the power of the Ferrari brand he says: "I couldn't care if I never drive a new Ferrari again, if it means I never have to deal with the insane communication machine and continue lying about the lengths to which Ferrari will bend any rule to get what it wants."

:eek6:

7. Vollgas

Vollgas New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    If you can't buy them.
    If you can't beat them.
    Sue them.

8. Vollgas

Vollgas New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Just saw on the news today that Ford's 1st quarter profits were up for the 1st time in 13 years.
    Must have been all those prospective Ferrari F150 buyers buying Ford F150's.

9. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Ford on this one. Give your car the same name as the best selling vehicle in America (year after year for the past 30 years)? WTF was Ferrari thinking?

10. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
  11. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    I could imagine...Henry and Enzo up in Heaven....:beer...:lol:

12. Vollgas

Vollgas New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Back in the 80's, Harley Davidson tried to patent the "sound" of a V Twin engine.
    They were trying to stop the influx of Japanese "Cruiser style" motorcycles.
    The money they spent on lawyers could have been spent on Quality Control.