1. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    interesting that they admit the AD07 was below the others :lol:

guess it's good for everybody to have such stiff competition to be the best 'street' tire.

2. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's crazy what a generation of tire can do. I was talking to Yoko about it, they were very pleased and I think a bit surprised with how well the tire did. I never thought of tires as something that could take seconds off a lap maybe one.. but 4+? Woah!

3. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The Yokohama guys were at MITMs year before last and did a tire talk. At the time they had one model that had the micro silica technology and they were really excited about it. Just finished an article about the Neova AD08s in EuroCar and it had great things to say too.

4. Camaro

Camaro New Member

May 5, 2009
    Industrial designer
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Chet (sp?) with Yoko had these tires before they were released on his very well modified 350z at MOTD and I was listening in on the conversation between him and Tuls. All his reaction was extremely impressed and he said he couldn't break their hold on the road no matter how hard he tried....... I guess thats why people were saying he has bulked up muscle wise:lol:

5. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    That spider web diagram is pretty impressive... can't wait to hear from someone who runs these on their MINI... Trying to decide what I'm gonna put on my performance wheels whenever I get them...

6. Detroit Tuned

Detroit Tuned Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    evertyhing
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +319 / 0 / -0
    i think i am going to try a set for my street tires.

7. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    :cornut:

8. MLPearson79

MLPearson79 Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Certified Athletic Trainer
    DeForest, WI
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have plans for new tires on my summer wheels, and they involve a set of these :Thumbsup:

9. scott@txwerks

scott@txwerks New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The newish Kumho ECSTA XS just bested all comers in Grassroots Motorsports street tire shootout - Andy Hollis seems to think that Kumho has a winner on their hands. It beat out the new offerings from other manufacturers (including the new Bridgestone), but they didn't get to test ALL the new tires yet. They are expecting to do a redux as soon as they get some of the new Hankooks and a few others.

For now, though, the new XS seems to be the 'fastest' of them all...

10. Rooster

Rooster New Member

May 22, 2009
    Systems Engineer
    West Hollywood, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sadly though I've seen where Grassroots Motorsports has said that aftermarket wires are a great source of found HP, and in some cases they've seen 2-3HP over stock wires.

Now, this didn't appear to be over a set of old, worn out wires on a 400hp V8, but rather on a four cylinder Neon or boosted Neon.

:confused:

11. Rooster

Rooster New Member

May 22, 2009
    Systems Engineer
    West Hollywood, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick update... I'll be sticking with the Bridgestones.
    Tried these out. Already half-way gone in four months (yes, four) on the car.

My Bridgestone RE-01Rs lasted for an entire year, a track day at Laguna Seca, multiple auto-crosses and canyon drives. About 12k miles or so.

These Yoko AD-08s... four months of driving here on the streets of LA and they are close to needing replacement. I've only put about 4k miles on them. ugh.

Gave em a shot, but no way I'd buy them again.

12. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Love my ADO8s, much quicker than the REOs but I have them on a set of wheels dedicated for the track and fun runs. They are softer so a long term relationship is unlikely.....LOL

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13. Netma1000

Netma1000 New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Male
    Lake Lanier, GA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I have several sets of tires. The one for HPDE's - AD08. The 08's are super sticky in the rain and dry. The were especially surprising in the rain on several trips to Road Atlanta. I think they may be a little to aggressive for street use although I have used them for a year on the street when they were wearing out from track use. Usually get about 15K miles of mixed wear.

The others are Advan W's. The W's are not anywhere near as sticky as the 08's, but have a very high tread wear rating. I use them in the winter. So far 24K miles of wear.

14. Netma1000

Netma1000 New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Male
    Lake Lanier, GA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    BTW - ust got back from having another set of AD08's installed. Not to break them in for Sept Road Atlanta event.