You may have a MINI problem if...

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 9 (April 27 - May 1, 2011)' started by Tigger, May 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I really loved the list that Barry had. I think my husband and I hit at least half of the items on the list.

While I was at the Dragon I thought of a new one. Cruising through some twisties, I had the iPod on and Styx song "Best of Times" came on. Next thing I know, I'm singing it TO Tigger. It's now OUR song. I guess I might have a MINI problem if I have a song I sing to my MINI...

Anyone else have something to add to the list?

2. Snooter

Snooter Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Canton, NC
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Here is the list I read at the event. It's been suggested that maybe this be created into a shirt. Let me know if you all think that would be a good idea?

TOP 10 Ways to know if you have a MINI Problem

1. If you already know where you will be the first weekend of May in 2012...................... you might have a MINI problem

2. When someone asks you a simple question like “do you like your MINI†and you spend an hour talking about it and how much fun it is …………………..you might have a MINI problem

3. If you and your spouse each own MINIs and you drove them both to get here….you might have a MINI problem

4. You name either your child or dog “Cooperâ€

5. If even your non-MINI friends refer to your MINI by its name……….. you might have a MINI problem

6. If you have more pictures of your MINI than your only child on facebook…..you might have a MINI problem

7. If you spend your vacation time traveling in the US or ½ around the world to attend MINI events, you might have a MINI problem.

8. If you're starting to think you and your car have the same personality, you might have a MINI problem.

9. If you've ever drank alone while gazing at your MINI, you probably do have a MINI problem.

10. If you've ever apologized to your MINI for anything, you might have a problem.

3. Snooter

Snooter Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Canton, NC
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Here is the complete list of 43 suggestions we started off with:

1.If you ever missed a family members birthday for a MINI event.......you might have a MINI problem

2. If you own a clay bar and are not afraid to use it.................you might have a MINI problem

3. Has your spouse has ever sent you for a 5 minute errand and you come home 30 minutes later without the item in hand, because you found a nice road to drive.................... you might have a MINI problem

4. If you have ever detailed your engine bay............... you might have a MINI problem

5. If you already know where you will be the first weekend of May in 2012...................... you might have a MINI problem

6. If your spouse ever called you to say he/she was in accident with your MINI and your first thought was "how is the MINI"...................you might have a MINI problem

7. If You send out birth announcements when your MINI hits the paint shop (announcing your current MINI has a new sibling)………. You might have a MINI problem.

8. If even your non-MINI friends refer to your MINI by its name……….. you might have a MINI problem

9 .If you think someone waiting a week to wash their car is serious car abuse…….you might have a MINI problem

10. If you have ever considered eating nothing but Ramen noodles for the next three months so you can get your next mod…………………..you might have a MINI problem

11. If you spend more time detailing your MINI than time spent on anything else …………………..you might have a MINI problem

12. When someone asks you a simple question like “do you like your MINI†and you spend an hour talking about it and how much fun it is …………………..you might have a MINI problem

13 .If you cannot sleep well if your MINI is not perfectly detailed before a MINI event …………………..you might have a MINI problem

14. You have a MINI Cooper with a bumper sticker that reads "My OTHER car is a MINI"……..you might have a MINI problem

15. If you named your first-born son first name "John" and his middle name "Cooper"…..you might have a MINI problem

16. If you park your Mini on carpet in the garage…..you might have a MINI problem

17. If you and your spouse each own MINIs and you drove them both to get here….you might have a MINI problem

18. If you have more pictures of your MINI than your only child on facebook…..you might have a MINI problem

19. If your purchase clothing to match the color of your MINI………….you might have a MINI Problem

20. If you ever tried to down-shifting your shopping cart………….. you might have a Mini problem.
    21. If you spend your vacation time going to MINI events, you might have a MINI problem.

22. If you think the MINI Cooper is a "family car" you might have a MINI problem.

23. if your wardrobe consists only of work clothes and MINI t-shirts, you might have a MINI problem.

24. If you find yourself wishing it were time for another wax, you might have a MINI problem.

25. If you're starting to think you and your car have the same personality, you might have a MINI problem.

26. If you routinely say "goodnight" to your MINI, you might have a problem.

27. If you've ever drank alone while gazing at your MINI, you probably do have a MINI problem.

28. If you've ever drank alone while sitting in your MINI in the garage, you definitely have a MINI problem.

29. If you spend your free time hanging out at the dealer, you might have a MINI problem.

30. If you say sweet things to your MINI mid-repair and tell him/her things like "it's going to be OK" or "this might pinch a bit", you might have a MINI problem.

31. If you've ever apologized to your MINI for anything, you might have a problem.

32. You name either your child or dog “Cooperâ€

33. You drive your MINI down the driveway just to pick up your mail.

34. You have a MINI tattoo.

35. Your MINI has a name.

36. You drive 250 miles or more just to drive on “curvy†roads.

37. You “heart†your MINI

38. When you host a MINI run to the Waffle House

39. If you toss out your "aggressive" wave at another MINI and they look at you like you are NUTS kick it into Sport Mode and speed away - then realize you are in your husband's pick up truck . . . you MIGHT have a MINI Problem.

40. IF you strike up conversations with and then end up opening your MINI to complete strangers to show how much room there really IS inside a MINI - you might have a MINI Problem
    41. If you have the MINI logo on all of your clothes...You might have a MINI problem!

42. If you have your MINI and HER name embroidered on your shirt...you might have a MINI problem.
    You might have a mini problem if you purchased your yoga mat, camping chair,luggage,office supplies,iPod cover,laptop cover, water bottle, and tennis shoes all because they matched your car ! OXYGEN !!!

43.You might have a mini problem if you dressed up like your NAM screen name for Halloween

4. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    44. If your garage is cleaner than your house...

5. SMiller

SMiller New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you've ever taken out your phone to show strangers pictures of your MINI...you may have a MINI problem

6. dawnmac72

dawnmac72 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Mortgage Business
    Murfreesboro, TN area
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    We absolutely need the top ten on a tshirt. Preferably a red one so it will match my MINI. :D

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I'll get my crack shirt design crew working on it...

8. dawnmac72

dawnmac72 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Mortgage Business
    Murfreesboro, TN area
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Top Ten shirt. . . Top Ten shirt. . .Top Ten shirt. . .:smilewinkgrin:

9. smurfette26

smurfette26 Club Coordinator

Nov 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am pretty sure it should be a cool blue shirt ;)

10. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I've done this!!!!

11. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hot Orange!!!!!

12. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    Do you watch for MINIs on television even reversing the DVR to slow forward thru street scenes just in case one might pass by?

13. dawnmac72

dawnmac72 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Mortgage Business
    Murfreesboro, TN area
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I TOTALLY do that! Drives my hubby crazy! I also clap my hands and squeal "It's a MINI!!!". :crazy:

14. dawnmac72

dawnmac72 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Mortgage Business
    Murfreesboro, TN area
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I'll buy one no matter what the color. . .as long as it doesn't have eyelashes. :lol:

ps...That's not a dig cuz I love Smurfette's eyelashes. . .just thinking of how hard that would be to wash.

15. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Ah yes........the point at the TV and yell "MINI" game.

Me.....long time player
    Wife...long time sufferer

16. Friskie

Friskie Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Highly motivated retiree
    In the here and now, for now.
    Ratings:
    +1,339 / 0 / -0
    If you do see a MINI on the tube and wish you could call all your MINI buddies and post it on the forums right then to see did anybody else see it ..... you might have seriously lost traction.

17. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was funny during the Super Bowl when all my non MINI friends started emailing me and posting on my FB wall about the "Cram it in the Boot" commercial.

18. T8rChick

T8rChick Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Paying for new tires! The wheels were a deal!!!
    Oak Cliff, TX
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    If you take a regular right or left turn and yell "Twisties!" at the top of your lungs to make you & your MINI feel better about not being on the Dragon... You might have a MiNI problem!

19. mimini1

mimini1 New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The cat I adopted in 2003 is named MINI and the cat I adopted last year is Cooper.

20. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I have one good curve near my house, everyone hits their brakes to go around it. I slow down on my approach every single time to let them clear it and get ahead. Then nail it to hit the corner as fast as I can!

Then I smile :D