Your most memorable car buying experience.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cct1, Dec 12, 2015.

1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Dave I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Not all my car buys involve rancor! I am sorry but when you try to run numbers in a way that is designed to make it hard to follow it is dishonest! You know Four-Square is a ripoff!! Don't act like Mr innocent! If you take a car to appease it you give the keys back without having to be asked. I can't even believe you are going justify taking advantage of people because all your doing is making money for the dealer! Thanks for letting me know that the dealer is there to make money, dam who knew?
    You can make money by being honest!! I expect them to make money!

Anyone that has reached our age knows what is going on. You have shown your colors.

Lastly I have never assumed anyone is out to get me! Both the Ford dealer and Mini dealer know me. I visit from time to time and test drive different cars. Neither of them have ever pulled the stuff you justify. They will always have my business.

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Look I know you are getting forgetful in your OLD AGE.......its 5w-30......5w-30. And not 5000 miles its 3000 miles!:biggrin5:

Yes it needs oil its starting to squeak!!:frown2:

Wheres Dave.0?

3. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0

OK, rather than starting a pissing match with an unarmed man, I'll just agree to disagree.

4. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I've worked with good dealers like Minidave and bad ones that do hold on to your keys. Thing is I never bad from those. If they play that one I get the keys and leave. Good dealers get my return business.

I've been a salesman/sales manager all my life. I understand how it works and everyone needs to make some money. I see very few dealers that still play the old games and it's a nice change.

My first new car was going to be an '84 Honda Prelude. I made the deal and waited for the car to come in. It was taking forever and the dealer kept saying it was being delayed. I asked a buddy of mind to go over and and look into buying one. The deal told him the truth. The whole shipment was destroyed in a hail storm and they were waiting for more. When I called and asked about it they fessed up. I canceled the deal.

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Thanks mrntd! I far from believe all dealers are bad. But it would seem some don't believe any are bad.
    Before I show up I make sure I know the value of the car and what I am willing to pay for it. I don't care what they have tied up in the car. If they are going to make $5000 or $1 I don't care, I just want a fair price for the car.
    2 weeks ago I bought a Honda from my daughter at used car lot here in town. I have been there several times in the past. Its a small lot but they always have nice cars and are very helpful.
    We drove the car and I told them I would be back to see if we could agree on a price. It was getting late and I need to go to a bank across town to get the money so I just called and made an offer. We got within $500 of each other. I really should have held out. Here is why I didn't. It was the best price I could find in town, the car was like new, I have been there enough that the people know me but I never decided to buy from them. If they made another $500 on me so be it they deserve it. My daughter has a very nice Honda and I have a 318Ti. I will do business with them agin, it is obvious they are honest.

Anyone want to buy a used BMW 318Ti from me? It was only driven on Sundays!:devil: