Yup, posting here again......

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by KittyMini, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    I admit it.....

Today I fell to road rage.

It was bad timing, I had just come from the vet after picking up our one cat's ashes that we just lost to Kidney disease. So I was not in the best mood.

I'm at a light. I'm going to get into the left turning lane. My signal is already on. The idiot in front of me is halfway in the turning lane and half in the "go straight" lane.

I am annoyed, but am patiently waiting, because 1. I don't know what lane they are finally going to choose, and 2. if I try and go around them I will be in the on-coming traffic lane and cannot see if someone is coming.

So the ******* behind me just goes around me because he doesn't want to wait. So now he's in the on-coming traffic lane next to me.
    I'm looking at him kinda in disbelief. Once the light turns he jumps in front of me into the left turning lane.

REALLY?????????

Needless to say, I get through the light, wait till I get in a passing area, and floor it. I make sure as I'm next to him and passing I give him the finger and leave him well behind me.

Sorry, may not have been the most adult thing to do, but I'm sick of people acting like they are the only one on the road. And while I'm being patient and careful, everyone else just does whatever and might cause an accident :mad5:

Ok, rant over.

2. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Well it's either the finger or a missile launcher into his side window! :)

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about your kitty. We lost our first and favorite cat to kidney disease. Know it's not fun. :sad:

4. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Thx Blimey.... unfortunately this is the 3rd kitty we've lost to kidney disease :frown5:

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about the cat.

6. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about your kitty. :(

Sometimes I think that people take advantage of being in bigger vehicles.
    There are lots of PU trucks and SUVs around here and they aren't always courteous, or more importantly, safe.

Last week I was in Jacksonville when TS Beryl came through.
    There were lots of power outages.
    An intersection with non-functional traffic lights is to be treated as 4 way stop under Florida law.
    The question is on every DL test.
    Do people follow that law?
    Many do, but it only takes one barreling through to screw up everything and possibly kill someone.

My mother in law used to brag that she never had an accident.
    Riding with her was a white knuckling experience.
    I always wondered about the path of destruction in her wake that she was blissfully unaware of - cars colliding and running off the road...
    May she rest in peace... :aureola:

I've never been in this section before.
    I think I better get out of here!

7. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Lost FC to the same thing, so sorry for your loss Kitty... :(

8. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Thx gang... I find most MINI people are animal lovers.

9. JECO

JECO Active Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Newsletter producer, retired DOT chief
    Crozet, VA
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Two sobs for kitty and Kitty. Your driving experience is one of many reasons I do not get the thrill of driving that I once did. I have so many pet driving peeves that I won't start enumerating them (except the incessant refusal for drivers to stop behind the stop line. I love to see a truck come along and force a backup.) Again my sorrow for your kitty loss. (I was waiting for a reason to post you because I love your profile pic. Did not know it would take the loss of your kitty though)

10. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    Very sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. Losing a pet is sometimes harder than losing a person. I understand how you feel about the driver who got the finger, My daily commute is full of people cutting me off so that they can get ahead of me to stop and turn into the Dunkin donuts drive through I think I pass 5 Dunks on my way in every morning so it happens a lot. Take some time for yourself relax have a nice cup of tea or a adult beverage of your choice and think of the fun times you had with your kitty.

11. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Since I got back a lot of nice words regarding Spike, I thought I'd post a pic of him for you all:

FYI- he had 6 claws on each paw- we called him the Chernobyl kitty.

Attached Files:

12. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Now you know why I keep a few "D" cell batteries in my car. :wink:
    Pennies have nothing on a D cell cell coming at you at 60+ MPH.

Don't drive like an A-hole. :aureola:

13. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I don't think a women would be visiting violence on a guy in another car, and there are enough crazy people out there carry guns that it's not a good idea for anyone to do so, so leave the batteries at home please.......

I carry a camera, and I can attest to it's ability to make people realize what jerks they're being.

I was in heavy traffic on a divided 4 land road and a guy in a pickup was bound and determined to get thru traffic, even tho it was bumper to bumper as far as you could see. He decided my lane (the right lane) was going faster than the left and simply cut across my bow without so much as a signal or a look back and of course, immedieately had to hit the brakes since there was a car immediately in front of me! I grabbed my little Canon Powershot and made sure he could see me in his rearview mirror (pretending) to take pics of his plate, then he jumped over into the other lane and as traffic would have it I was beside him again, I continued to click away at him thru his side window and I noticed over the next 10 miles or so he used his signal when he changed lanes and stopped acting like a jerk.

It's interesting what holding a mirror up to people will do to modify their behavior....

Sorry you lost your kitty, Kitty.

14. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Batteries take less time and effort and are free.

Welcome to driving in the North East. (DC, Baltimore, Philly, New York City and Boston)

We don't take crap from other drivers and we are proud we invented road rage.

Oh and Kitty owns and shoots a Desert Eagle, the finger was her showing restraint.

15. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Here in the Pacific Northwest, people are very polite. If four cars pull up to a four way stop at the same time, everyone waves everyone else through and no one want to accept the wave through. I've been stuck behind cars in an intersection for a couple of minutes, waiting for someone to move.

You can't beep, because then you're the a**hole!

Dave

16. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    And you live in the city of "brotherly love". PA is the most back water state I have ever seen.

Jim

17. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    That 4 way stop crap drives me crazy... All it takes is one "being polite" to screw everyone up and make what is normally a simple exercise into an excruciatingly long affair that usually leaves me cussing.

I think it is funny how they always talk about road rage, but NEVER talk about how many stupid a$$es there are who have no business driving a big wheel, let alone an automobile. It is like treating cancer with aspirin... They aren't going for the problem, they are treating the symptom.

18. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and I am very sorry to hear about your beloved cat... :sad:

19. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about your cat. Hope that finger flip relieved some stress!

20. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about the kitty.
    I try and avoid giving the finger, just does not seem worth the hassle, too many people have no idea what they did wrong and just fly off the handle. I certainly understand the compulsion. A little venting on the internet is always fun though.