The remote control portion of the key can be programmed without any software. These are all the methods I know to reprogram a key:
Working from within the vehicle and with the doors shut:
• Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
• Remove the key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15 seconds. During this time press the key lock button 3 times within 5 seconds.
• Release both buttons.
• Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.
For this procedure, you need to have one working key and another key that needs to be programmed.
• Get in and close all doors.
• Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly (no more than 5 seconds). Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
• Remove the 1st key.
• Hold the key up near your left shoulder (so it is closer to the remote receiver antenna).
• Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times. Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
• Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in the opposite order. Key 2 then key 1, vs 1 then 2.
Alternate if you do not have a working remote:
• Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly.
• Remove key.
• Hold the unlock button, then press the lock button 3 times. Release the unlock button.
• If you have another key, perform the same button-pressing sequence within 30 seconds.
• Turn on ignition to finalize.
Hope this helps.