Resetting the MINI Oil Indicator
by Chad Miller
Photos by the Author
Copyright © 2008
You will find this useful if you do your own oil changes. Keep in mind you should wait until your factory service expires, since resetting the indicator may lead the dealer to deny oil changes since the indicator does not indicate an oil change is due.
1. Press and hold the trip odometer button.
2. Insert car key and turn it to the first position (not the second position).
3. You will see 51A come up in the trip odometer area.
4. Release, then press and hold again.
5. Watch for the word “RST” to appear on the Odometer indicator.
6. Release, then press and hold again.
7. Wait for the “RST” message to flash.
8. Release, and then press & release (once only).
The Service interval is now reset to 10,000 miles for the first time you do this function, or 15,500 miles for each subsequent reset. Keep in mind that if you’re having the dealer do every other service, do not reset the indicator. The dealer will not do an oil service unless the indicator reads that they should do so.
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call here at Detroit Tuned, 586.296.6001, Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm EST.
1st Gen "How To" Resetting the MINI Oil Indicator
You will find this useful if you do your own oil changes. Keep in mind you should wait until your factory service expires, since resetting the...
By Steve · Jan 27, 2018 ·