1st Gen 2005 Mini Cooper JCW stage rally car

Discussion in 'Classic Mini, MINI and other Cars for Sale' started by alexinvancouver, Jan 25, 2018.

1. #1 alexinvancouver, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    STREET LEGAL 2005 Mini Cooper John Cooper Works stage rally race car all up-to-date and needs nothing.
    Just turn the key and go racing!
    Canadian logbook which is tolerated by Rally America as well.
    First two pictures are the latest taken @ Big White Winter Rally. Dec 15-16 2017
    1.6L supercharged engine, 6 speed. tuned for 94 pump gas
    Built exactly one year ago. Have completed two rallies both with class wins
    And two not finished: one with bent control arm on the very first stage
    and another with broken rear aluminum lateral link due to manufacturing flaw
    Front suspension takes slightly modified Subaru Impreza front struts
    currently JDM WRX STi with Bilstein inserts re-valved for high speed compression/rebound
    and rears are off-road Bilsteins w/external canisters
    Engine is tuned with Bytetronik FA53 Full access kit (comes with the car) and pulls like a train
    Surely car has certified rollcage, hydraulic handbrake, aluminum front skid plate and rear suspension protection.
    Rear track is widened by about 30 mm on extended wheel studs which are used instead of stupid BMW bolts.
    Seats and harnesses are only 1 y.o and have a few years of life in them
    King engine bearings, heat wrapped headers, silicone radiator hoses, sunroof deleted. a/c system deleted.
    clutch and flywheel with single mass replaced last year.
    polyurethane front control arm bushings,
    has adjustable timing intercooler spray. Wired for LED light bar.
    EBC brakes, Terraphone intercom and many more.
    have about 20 rims, including stock JCW set. studded winter tires and a set of gravel tires to get You started.
    Brand All Aluminum racing radiator and rad support because old plastic had cracks.
    What comes with it:
    Running supercharged ENGINE with TRANSMISSION,
    full wiring with ECU and body module, brake components, some front and complete rear suspension
    steering components, front/rear bumpers with re-bars, fenders, rear door etc etc
    long story short: i had a complete running Mini Cooper S which I took apart and even have a front end just in case =o))
    surely there's more to tell about the car and really interested in it can PM for more.
    Asking 11.900 Canadian (or $9.500 USD) without seats and harness. otherwise price will be $1500 more
    but feel free to through an offer.
    Located in Vancouver, Canada, about 20 min from the border.
    Currently building a new rally car, need funds and that's the only reason for selling.
    Thanks for reading!
    Link to the build thread:
    https://www.motoringalliance.com/threads/another-rally-mini-build.28300/page-4
    all the pictures disappeared after my internet provider dumped pictures hosting.
    only the last page has a few because i turned to Google
    [​IMG]

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Nice! Good luck with the sale

3. just sold it to a nice gentlemen who wants to turn it to a track car.

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Congrats!

5. thanks. now i have funds to further improve Fiesta by installing LSD and finally tune it lol
    ....and complete a new project which i started about a month ago. it's 2018 WRX =o)